Prior to visiting your local retailer to purchase your set of women’s clubs, it’s important to know all the ins and outs such as your ideal clubface type, the size of your driver, the best putter style, club shaft material, shaft flex, and other necessary things. If you’re a complete beginner (which you probably are reading this) then it’s important to know all these things so you don’t feel overwhelmed by the salesperson and so you can make a more informed decision. Before you get into this, have you had a look at my best golf clubs for beginners post?
There are many golf club sets designed specifically for women, so, which are the best women’s golf clubs? Grab yourself a drink, sit back and enjoy our women’s golf clubs reviews.
- 1 Are Expensive Clubs The Best Choice?
- 2 What to Look for in Your Ideal Set of Women’s Starter Golf Clubs
- 3 What Should My Set Contain?
- 4 Our Recommended Beginner Golf Sets for Women
- 5 Finally
Are Expensive Clubs The Best Choice?
No. Many beginners often fall into this trap thinking the pricier the better. In fact, they couldn’t be further from the truth. The more affordable clubs are specially built for beginners like you, with their cavity backs (will speak about below) and oversized clubheads, they’re built to promote forgiveness in your shot making, whereas the pricier clubs often leave little in the way of forgiveness.
What to Look for in Your Ideal Set of Women’s Starter Golf Clubs
Let’s start off with length. Having the correct length of golf clubs will help you with your accuracy and distance. If you’re of a standard height and build then standard length golf clubs are fine, however, if you’re above average/below average height and build then you may need to buy accordingly.
Another thing to take into consideration is that a woman’s swing speed is often slower than that of a man’s. So to counteract this you’ll need clubs that help increase loft and distance. Beginners always find that woods and drivers that have a larger clubhead and flatter sole are much easier to use.
If you have any problems hitting your woods and driver not to worry, lower your hands down the grip a little and try again. For a beginner, the woods and driver are often the hardest to hit because they’re much longer than a 7 iron for instance. By lowering your grip of the club your shortening your swing and therefore increasing your control.
What Should My Set Contain?
You are allowed to carry up to 14 clubs in your bag during a round of golf, but as a beginner, you won’t be needing that many. The more experienced golfer tends to make use of the longer irons such as the 2,3, and 4. You won’t be needing these clubs. You can start with a 6 iron and go through to the sand wedge and pitching wedge. These are shorter irons and are therefore much easier to control with more loft.
For beginners, hybrids can also be used as these bridge the gap between woods and the longer irons and are much easier to hit than a fairway wood.
As you continue to practice you’ll learn which setup is right for you, but to start with I would recommend something like this:
- An oversized Titanium driver with graphite/steel shaft
- 3 and 5 high loft flat soled fairway woods
- 3, 4, and 5 hybrid clubs
- 6, 7, 8, 9 irons and sand wedge and pitching wedge
- a mallet putter
Our Recommended Beginner Golf Sets for Women
#1 Wilson Women’s Ultra Complete Golf Set – Best Womens Golf Clubs
This very impressive golf set is one of the most popular set of womens starter golf clubs. The set is designed for women who play regular golf or beginners. The bag contains a full set of quality clubs and has plenty of pockets to store all your golf gear and valuables, making it the best womens golf clubs on the market today.
- Women’s super-long right-handed complete set with cart bag and headcovers
- Set includes: Graphite and steel driver with head cover, graphite and steel fairway wood with head cover, steel shaft #4 hybrid with head cover, steel shaft irons (6, 7, 8, 9, and PW), steel shaft mallet putter, and a lightweight cart bag
- Left handed women’s standard length on all clubs
- All clubs come completely assembled from the factory and ready to play
- Matching head covers for driver, fairway wood, and hybrid
#2 Believe Ladies Complete Golf Set
The Founders Club Believe Ladies Package Set offers everything you need to get out on the course and start your round. This easy to hit set is designed to offer the latest game improvement technology to help improve your game and improve your golf experience. The set is designed using the latest technology to give women more distance, better accuracy and unprecedented forgiveness. The light weight Designer Fashion Bag has storage for all your golf accessories and personal items and has an easy grip lifting handle. The set displays the signature pink ribbon emblem, the internationally recognized symbol for the fight against breast cancer. Perhaps, the finest feature of the product is that Founders Club will make a donation of $5 for every set purchased to provide free mammography screenings or breast cancer research and prevention.
- 460cc driver: largest driver allowed for maximum forgiveness and extra distance
- Low profile “Fly High” 3 wood for easy to launch shots off the tee and fairway
- 2 Hybrid Irons to replace traditional hard to hit long irons
- 6 Stainless Irons with wide sole to launch the ball out of the rough
- Matching Mallet style putter
- Designer Cart Bag with 14 Way Divider Top, 7 Zippered Pockets, Umbrella Sleeve, Glove Holder and Towel Ring
- 4 matching designer head covers to protect your woods and hybrids
- Rain hood
- All clubs come with light weight ladies flex graphite shafts
#3 Callaway Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set
This very popular Callaway Golf Set is designed for women golfers to maximize distance and performance. The golf club set from Callaway comes with everything you need. The driver features a large sweet spot and lightweight graphite shaft for faster swing speeds. A forgiving 5- wood is included with a lightweight shaft for long, high flying shots. A 5 hybrid is a great alternative to difficult to hit long irons for more confidence on a variety of shots. Stainless steel cavity back irons are perimeter weighted for a combination of forgiveness and control. Mallet shaped putter with T-Style alignment giving incredible accuracy. A stand bag is included for lightweight and easy transport. Available in left-hand and right-hand, includes headcovers for driver, 3 wood and 5 hybrid – this set of callaway ladies golf clubs is fantastic value for money.
- Driver, 5W: Woods have a forgiving sweet spot and a graphite shaft for exceptional distance (Headcovers included)
- Hybrid (5H): Designed for versatility and forgiveness on shots where you would usually hit a difficult long iron; (Headcover included)
- Irons/Wedges (7,9, SW): Perimeter weighting and progressive sole width technology for improved control
- Putter: Mallet with T-Style alignment to help give you incredible accuracy
- Stand Bag: The lightweight, durable stand bag comes with five convenient pockets, an additional cooler pocket, a rain hood and a backpack strap system
Don’t be put off by these golf sets not containing 18 clubs of top quality, beginner golfers don’t need to carry all 14 clubs during a round. And anyway, if you really are a beginner, then you’ll probably spend some time on the golf range maybe with an instructor and he or she won’t expect you to have the best ladies golf clubs in the world! He’ll be focusing on your swing and setup, not your clubs.
So, happy golfing!