Hey there and welcome to Hitting the Green. My name’s Rob Green, the founder and owner of this humble little site dedicated to the beautiful game that we all love so much. On this page you will learn more about me and why you should take a look at what I have to say regarding golf, rather than just clicking away and going to some other site.
As I said at the opening, I’m Rob Green and I’m based in the lovely Lecanto, Florida. My history with the wonderful game golf extends back to when I was 5 years old, I was a scratch player. I was pretty good it has to be said and was the junior captain of the World Woods Golf Club in Brooksville, Florida. My dad is who I owe my appreciation and passion for this great sport to. He was an excellent golfer and in my formative years, he taught me everything I needed to know to become the player I have become over the years.
Now in my mid-30’s, more than 25 years after I first started playing golf, I believe I know a thing or two about playing golf.
Although my experience and skills at playing the game of the golf, I hope, are what encourages you to listen to my tips and advice, I realize you need further evidence. over the years that I have been writing about golfing technique, many of my articles have been featured or mentioned in some of the biggest, national web publications such as the Golf Channel, CBS and BleacherReport among others.
What is Hitting the Green?
Hitting the Green is my brainchild. My way of giving back to the golfing community. I know how hard it is to work on the different, technical aspects of this exhilarating game and know how frustrating it can be when you don’t think you are making any progress at all. Sure, you need to have patience and perseverance. That is true of any sporting discipline. However, just as important as putting in the graft, is knowing the right sort of work you need to do.
That’s what Hitting the Green aims to provide for golfers of every experience, any handicap and any age. I want to help you improve your game so that you can confidently take on anyone on any course, regardless of where you are in the world.
What is Covered by Hitting the Green?
In order to make this site as helpful as it possibly could be, I knew I needed to strip back the sport and cover not just the tips for people with a bit of experience, but advice for complete beginners. Spending time on this site will give you insight into the following: –
- Golf for Beginners – This is my comprehensive guide to the game for all beginners and you will find just about everything you could need or want to know to get you teeing off properly. Learn about the history, rules, clothing, etiquette, handicaps and all those golfing terms so that you fit right in when you are playing with those individuals with a bit more experience than yourself. Along with important information regarding golf clubs – choosing the right size and the right kind. This is just a snapshot to this great section, so I urge all beginners to head over there right away.
- Buying Guides – In this section of the site you will find my well-researched and extensive buying guides that will help you invest in the right clubs and accessories to make sure you get the best out of your time on the course.
- Golf Lessons – Fairly self-explanatory, but as a companion to the above, the aim of this section is to help you learn and master all aspects of your game, from the swing to the drive, to the putting and even tips on setting up each shot properly.
- Golf Tips – Again, self-explanatory, but this section includes extra tips and hints for turning your reasonable skills into round-winning, opponent beating weapons.
- Fitness – When people first play golf, they wrongly assume it’s a gentle game and not strenuous on the body. The truth is that it is a very physical game indeed and you need to know how to look after your body and keep it in tip-top shape to improve your skills and handicap. This section will help you do that.
- Equipment Reviews – There is so much equipment involved in golf and so many different brands and models that it can be overwhelming. I wanted to take a lot of the hard work out of it for you and therefore in this section you will find equipment reviews, covering drivers, putters, sets, training aids and even golf shoes.
So, there you have it, I hope you stick around and that this resource helps you to get your game up to the standard you really want.
You can follow me on: